Monday, May 7, 2012

Full disclosure...

 Yes I was still standing, but at one (actually a couple) time(s), i was close to passing out. I had always heard about guys passing out when their wife delivered their baby,and i didn't want that to happen,but fortunatly there were people there who would see thru my overly matcho exterior and keep me safe.

So I was involved in the delivery of Zadie...ok, i was a part of it, but Jorene was the one who did all the work.(edited for time)When she started her last (set as it were) of contractions, i was standing up assisting with pushing her legs back in a manner that would make passage for baby easier...the first push, i held my breath for a few counts, then I breathed after. I was ok. Second push, I held my breath the whole 10 seconds afterthis one I was definatly woozy. After the fact I realized and was told that i was actually trying to push for her in order to reduse her pain. But honestly i was quite green, and everyone made it quite known to me that I was...they sat me down in a chair and i preformed my duty sitting down for the remaining 3 pushes...after the 4th push whith the vacuum divice,the doctors informed Jorene that it was now or C-Section and Jorene came through like a champ!! Needless to say, when the baby was born,i had another bout of seeing stars, but it quickly passed.

Having been the most exciting 3 days of my life i look forward to writing and documenting Jorene, My and Zadie's life from time to time here...hopefully at least (or at most) once a week. Surely there will be a lot to share...

No comments:

Post a Comment